School hosts first Community Senior Citizens Christmas Party
Over 50 guests attended from local care homes The Oaks and Bishop Alexander Court as well as people recommended by the Salvation Army and Royal British Legion.
Entertaining guests as they arrived were 22 pupils from Barnby Road Primary School. The choir, made up of children in years 4 and 6, sang a number of festive songs which had everyone tapping their feet. Students of Newark Academy Sixth Form served a three course Christmas dinner throughout the performance.
Following their meal, guests were then treated to a performance from a year 9 drama group, crafts and a game of bingo.
The whole event was planned by the Newark Academy Sixth Form, using money raised from RAG week earlier in the term. Head Boy Ali, and Head Girl Millie led both events and were both very happy with how things had gone. They said:
“It’s important to Newark Academy to create a community feel and what better time to do this than at Christmas.
Some people don’t have family and friends to share Christmas with so we wanted to invite them here to have a fun, festive afternoon. We even found that some people who hadn’t seen each other in a while have bumped into each other today which is really nice.”
The whole event was a massive success with everyone saying how much fun they had. Here’s to next year!
More News Stories
- School hosts first Community Senior Citizens Christmas Party
On Friday 9th December, Newark Academy hosted a fantastic Christmas party for Newark locals (12/12/2016)
- Plans underway for first event of its kind at Newark Academy
Newark Academy is gearing up for its first ever Community Senior Citizens Christmas Party (02/12/2016)
- First RAG week is a huge success for Newark Academy
A week where the Newark Academy Sixth Form raise money to support the local community. (26/10/2016)
- A Level results day 2017
- End of Consultation letter
- Proposed changes to the school day
- Borussia Dortmund Itinerary
- Comic Relief 2017
- Contact Information Update
- School Transport Letter December 2016
- School Travel Information
- Christmas Update 2016
- Christmas Jumper Day 2016
- Illness notification letter 30th November 2016
- Staying Safe online leaflet
- Staying Safe Online
- Information Update
- INSET Wednesday 23rd November 2016
- Official Opening Early Closure
- Important letter from NSCB
- Comicon Nottingham
- Ofsted Report
- Letter from Torch Academy Gateway Trust
- No Upcoming Events