Welcome to Sixth Form
Meet the Team
- Mr D Palethorpe: Post 16 Leader
- Mrs L Ness: KS5 Pastoral Leader
Newark Academy Sixth Form
Newark Academy Sixth Form aims to support all students with a high quality learning experience and a supportive environment which develops learners to be ready for their next step.
The Academy believes that Post16 education should give all students the highest aspirations and the best opportunities to expand their own ambitions and develop opportunities for a range of possible next steps into work, apprenticeships or a higher education.
Newark Academy will be developing the offer of Post16 courses over the next year. Understanding that not all students require or need the same style of learning experience is important
The Sixth Form enrichment programme will challenge students own self-perceptions of limitations and obstacles to success and achievements both academically and social. All success will be celebrated.
The enrichment programme will give all learners the opportunity to support younger students with learning, become head boy and girl of the school, work placements, guidance and support on next steps, visiting speakers and trips to universities.
Sixth Form Private Spaces
Joining the Newark Academy Sixth Form means a student will have more independent study time which will be built into each individual timetable.
The time that is given is not a privilege but an important time for all learners to develop their own skills to independently study, develop skills and work on directed and set work.
The spaces the Academy provide the sixth form are a privilege and have been well resourced to make studying a pleasurable experience, giving the students areas for quiet work away from other pupils in the school.
The Sixth Form Study Room – provides an environment for the students to self-study in quiet. The room comes complete with ICT and is stocked with information about possible next steps form jobs to a wide of university and higher education prospectuses.
The Sixth Form Common Room – provides an environment for students to relax and meet outside of lesson and study time. The room is provided with a kitchenette and soft furnishings allowing a comfortable environment unique to only the sixth form. The room is also be used for self-study during free time allowing another alternative space for quiet learning away from the rest of the school.
Newark Academy has a great track record of guiding our students into appropriate University courses.
Some universities have compiled lists of the subjects which are more helpful in getting onto a range of university courses and into employment. These are generally called facilitating A-Levels and ALL are available at Newark Academy
The courses which appear most often on these lists are; Chemistry, English, History, French, Maths, Physics, Further Maths and Biology.
Please download an application form and return to Mrs L Ness to apply for a College Bursary for 2016/17 Year 13 students who qualified for a bursary in 2015/16 must reapply for 2016/17.
- Novation inset day
- July 2018 Newsletter
- End of Term letter
- Calendar update 2018
- GDPR Consent letter
- Parent session - Looking after your child's mental health
- Summer Enrichment 2018
- SIMS Activities Online Portal
- Attendance letter
- Attendance graphic
- Literacy statement letter
- Keeping your child safe around alcohol workshop
- Newark Academy Uniform Provider Changes
- E safety letter
- Independent Learning Letter
- Uniform letter - January 2018
- Christmas Jumper day
- Christmas concert
- Autumn Term
- Scholastic Book Fair
- Sports Camp at Newark Academy
- Food Bank
- Marshalls Travel Discount
- Well-being Award for Schools
- November Events
- Non uniform day - Friday 20th October 2017
- Families Forum
- Lockdown Letter - October 2017
- INSET Day 24th November 2017
- KS3 KS4 Information Evening
- Enrichment September 2017
- Newark Academy Information Evening
- A Level results day 2017
- End of Consultation letter
- Proposed changes to the school day
- Borussia Dortmund Itinerary
- Comic Relief 2017
- Contact Information Update
- School Transport Letter December 2016
- School Travel Information
- Christmas Update 2016
- Christmas Jumper Day 2016
- Illness notification letter 30th November 2016
- Staying Safe online leaflet
- Staying Safe Online
- Information Update
- INSET Wednesday 23rd November 2016
- Official Opening Early Closure
- Important letter from NSCB
- Comicon Nottingham
- Ofsted Report
- Letter from Torch Academy Gateway Trust
- No Upcoming Events
Sixth Form News
- School hosts first Community Senior Citizens Christmas Party
On Friday 9th December, Newark Academy hosted a fantastic Christmas party for Newark locals (12/12/2016)
- Plans underway for first event of its kind at Newark Academy
Newark Academy is gearing up for its first ever Community Senior Citizens Christmas Party (02/12/2016)
- First RAG week is a huge success for Newark Academy
A week where the Newark Academy Sixth Form raise money to support the local community. (26/10/2016)