E-Safety Information and Advice
Newark Academy recognises that modern technology is an intrinsic part of modern-day life and our students use ICT extensively both in school and out of it. However along with the opportunities that ICT offers it also brings with it problems and risks that all students need to be aware of.
E-safety has a very high priority at Newark Academy and all students receive advice and guidance appropriate to their age and ‘e-awareness’. As well as learning about e-safety in their ICT lessons, students get more targeted input during assemblies and tutor time.
Useful websites and additional resources are also provided below:
- DITTO e-safety magazine
- Keeping your children safe - online matters - useful guide and resource
- Think you know - Keeping your child safe online -
A checklist for parents and carers (CEOP)
- What are the risks?
A leaflet about protecting your child online
- Removing Data
A practical guide to protecting your family on the Internet.
- Internet Safety
A leaflet for parents.
- Home Office Parents Guide
Keeping your child safe on the internet.
- Chat Guide
A guide for parents on how to keep children safe online and on mobiles.
- WMNet leaflet
Practical advice for parents
Information for students
- NSPCC website includes advice for parents on cyberbullying
- Performing Arts at Newark Academy
Three performing arts groups audition with County Youth Arts (Whole School - 10/01/2018)
- Year 7 and 8 Netball teams start their 2017/18 journey
Both teams won all matches in round one of their respective leagues (Physical Education - 26/11/2017)
- Boys and Girls Year 7 Futsal teams through to County Finals
Both the year 7 girls and boys futsal teams are through to the county finals after district wins (Physical Education - 26/11/2017)
- Newark Community Art Club
Newark Academy is the first centre in Newark to be involved in the Arts Award Discover (Whole School - 13/11/2017)
- Girls on Sporting top form
A round up of the Sporting events so far this year (Physical Education - 11/11/2017)