E-Safety Information and Advice
Newark Academy recognises that modern technology is an intrinsic part of modern-day life and our students use ICT extensively both in school and out of it. However along with the opportunities that ICT offers it also brings with it problems and risks that all students need to be aware of.
E-safety has a very high priority at Newark Academy and all students receive advice and guidance appropriate to their age and ‘e-awareness’. As well as learning about e-safety in their ICT lessons, students get more targeted input during assemblies and tutor time.
Useful websites and additional resources are also provided below:
- Keeping your children safe - online matters - useful guide and resource
- Think you know - Keeping your child safe online -
A checklist for parents and carers (CEOP)
- What are the risks?
A leaflet about protecting your child online
- Removing Data
A practical guide to protecting your family on the Internet.
- Internet Safety
A leaflet for parents.
- Home Office Parents Guide
Keeping your child safe on the internet.
- Chat Guide
A guide for parents on how to keep children safe online and on mobiles.
- WMNet leaflet
Practical advice for parents
Information for students
- NSPCC website includes advice for parents on cyberbullying
- Newark Academy Show Jumping Girls off to Nationals
Three students jumped their way in the qualifing round to secure a place at Nationals in October (Physical Education - 19/06/2017)
- Meet our new Library Assistant!
Kyle joins the library team (Whole School - 23/05/2017)
- New Head boy leads the way at District Athletics Competition
3 athletes selected for County Championships in June (Physical Education - 18/05/2017)
- Elite recognition in the Netherlands!
Two of the school's year 11's were invited to take on an important role. (Whole School - 25/04/2017)
- Netball Tour 2017 - DisneyLand Paris
Netballers bring back a collection of silverware (Physical Education - 16/04/2017)