A new Careers team is now in place here at Newark Academy and our main aim is to drive aspirations of all students, across each year group, by developing a programme of careers education, information, and providing bespoke guidance and advice to all.
Our main priorities for this year will be to:
- Liaise with primary schools and introduce students from year 6-11 to a variety of jobs.
- Offer direction for year 11 students and help raise their awareness of different routes into higher education: sixth form, college and apprenticeships.
- Deliver professional careers guidance throughout the year.
- Provide guidance and support from all departments for subject-specific pathways into careers.
- Arrange university talks and visits.
- Organise mock interviews for year 11.
Our careers programme will support self-development and career exploration to ensure that students understand themselves and the influences upon them. This programme will also support students to make valuable decisions about routes and pathways and help them explore whether they have the necessary skills to equip them for employment.
If you click on the link below, this website will assist you with choosing or changing a career choice, searching for courses, job advice and personalised help from a careers advisor:
Parents or Carers
If you click on the link below, this website will provide you as parents or carers key advice to support your child at a fundamental stage of their life. This website will also help you support your child when making a career choice, choosing a college or university or will provide guidance on alternatives to higher education if your child would like to take another route.
- Performing Arts at Newark Academy
Three performing arts groups audition with County Youth Arts (Whole School - 10/01/2018)
- Year 7 and 8 Netball teams start their 2017/18 journey
Both teams won all matches in round one of their respective leagues (Physical Education - 26/11/2017)
- Boys and Girls Year 7 Futsal teams through to County Finals
Both the year 7 girls and boys futsal teams are through to the county finals after district wins (Physical Education - 26/11/2017)
- Newark Community Art Club
Newark Academy is the first centre in Newark to be involved in the Arts Award Discover (Whole School - 13/11/2017)
- Girls on Sporting top form
A round up of the Sporting events so far this year (Physical Education - 11/11/2017)