A new Careers team is now in place here at Newark Academy and our main aim is to drive aspirations of all students, across each year group, by developing a programme of careers education, information, and providing bespoke guidance and advice to all.
In 2016-17 we intend to liaise with local primary schools and local businesses to ensure that all students from year 6-11 are aware of all pathways into a variety of career choices.
Our main priorities for this year will be to:
- Liaise with primary schools and introduce students from year 6-11 to a variety of jobs.
- Offer direction for year 11 students and help raise their awareness of different routes into higher education: sixth form, college and apprenticeships.
- Deliver professional careers guidance throughout the year.
- Provide guidance and support from all departments for subject-specific pathways into careers.
- Arrange university talks and visits.
- Organise mock interviews for year 11.
Our careers programme will support self-development and career exploration to ensure that students understand themselves and the influences upon them. This programme will also support students to make valuable decisions about routes and pathways and help them explore whether they have the necessary skills to equip them for employment.
If you click on the link below, this website will assist you with choosing or changing a career choice, searching for courses, job advice and personalised help from a careers advisor:
Parents or Carers
If you click on the link below, this website will provide you as parents or carers key advice to support your child at a fundamental stage of their life. This website will also help you support your child when making a career choice, choosing a college or university or will provide guidance on alternatives to higher education if your child would like to take another route.
- Newark Academy Show Jumping Girls off to Nationals
Three students jumped their way in the qualifing round to secure a place at Nationals in October (Physical Education - 19/06/2017)
- Meet our new Library Assistant!
Kyle joins the library team (Whole School - 23/05/2017)
- New Head boy leads the way at District Athletics Competition
3 athletes selected for County Championships in June (Physical Education - 18/05/2017)
- Elite recognition in the Netherlands!
Two of the school's year 11's were invited to take on an important role. (Whole School - 25/04/2017)
- Netball Tour 2017 - DisneyLand Paris
Netballers bring back a collection of silverware (Physical Education - 16/04/2017)